Friday, October 17, 2014

Home is Where the Heart is

I was always taught in AP Literature to never use a cliche in my essays. But this isn't AP lit and I couldn't come up with a better title due to lack of sleep, so I'll have to deal with it. The majority of y'all know that I went home this past weekend to good ole Carol Stream, and my God did I realize just how much I missed it. 

After a lengthy wait at the airport, I finally made it to Portillo's! And was it delicious. I probably ate that hot dog in like 30 seconds, no lie. Partially because I was starving, but Portillo's is just heaven in your mouth. After Portillo's, I finally got to go HOME! And boy did it feel amazing to walk through the front door and be greeted by Sparky (my dog) and just crash on the couch and do nothing. I really can't describe how it feels to come home after being gone for awhile. I guess it's something you have to experience to be able to understand what I'm talking about. But anyways it was a good first night back. But then when I got to sleep in my bed, oh my god it was like sleeping on a cloud. I miss it so much. Saturday morning, my parents and I went to breakfast and harassed Kyle at work. Later on, I went to Savers and saw a bunch of my friends. It was awesome to see them all! After that, I went to Sonny Acres and surprised my best friend Kelley! And boy was she surprised! It was pretty awesome to see her! Sunday, I went to church and saw all my friends and everyone. Monday, my mom and I spent the day together, shopping and what not. I also stopped by her work to see everyone! Then I went back to Savers to see even more of my friends! That night, my family went to Giordano's and had the best pizza! Let me tell you the struggle of living in the Chicago area for 18 years where pizza is a staple food, and then you move and nobody understands the importance of good pizza. Tuesday I just chilled at home and packed, and then that afternoon, my parents took me back to the airport. It was bittersweet to say goodbye, but hey I'll be back next month! That's my four day weekend in a nutshell! It's hard to explain everything in a blog post, partially because I can't remember everything I did, and because it really was just awesome to be home. I'm looking forward to coming back next month and seeing everyone again and people I didn't get to see this past time, that's directed at you Pastor Craig!(: But it was a good weekend. 

It's been a good week at school. Nothing major has happened. I'm still learning new things every day. I just got back from the volleyball game! I had fun, even though they lost. My parents will be happy that I got out of my room and away from Netflix for one night! Oh but I shall share this funny story with y'all!

So when I was home, my mom bought me a Supernatural blanket and scarf! Sam, Dean, & Cas are on the blanket and it's pretty freaking fabulous if you ask me. As for the scarf, well that's another story. It's black, and in white there's anti-possession symbols, some other symbols pertaining to the show, and devils traps. Now the devils traps have a pentagram in them but there's other symbols around it. It's just a Supernatural thing. So anyways, my mom was kinda nervous about me wearing it at school and getting in trouble and what not. So I wore it yesterday, and there were no problems. No one cared. Today however, I went to Kroger to buy some stuff. As I was walking around, I notice an elderly woman a few feet in front of me, headed towards me. And she had this look in her eye and immediately I knew she was headed for me. She approaches me with this shocked expression and asks me why I'm wearing pentagrams around my neck. Now I could have done the easy thing and explained that it's from a TV show, but no, I had to be a jackass. I proceed to reassure her that they are not pentagrams but in fact devils traps, anti-possession symbols, and various other symbols. Needless to say, she looked horrified. So she reaches into her purse and pulls out one of those Ask-Jesus type booklet and handed it to me as she told me there were numbers in there that I could call and get help. She then said that she would pray for me. Now like I said, I could've said it's from a TV show and I'm a Christian and I'm just uber-obsessed with Supernatural. I probably should have done that, so she could save the booklet for someone who could really use it. But it truthfully made my day. Anyways I just thought that was one of those priceless moments that don't happen often. 

So tomorrow I am volunteering at a women's shelter with some girls from my dorm. I'm really looking forward to it! I think it's a neat opportunity to help give back to the community! But that's about it on this side folks. I did receive some nice letters and cards this week! Y'all should send me some letters, or even better, free stuff in a care package! 

No comments:

Post a Comment