Saturday, October 25, 2014

Late Night Blog Session #1

I'm titling this "Late Night Blog Session #1" to forewarn y'all, that there will be plenty more late night blogging in the future. 

It is currently 1:04 A.M. as I type this. I know what most of you are thinking, Katelyn you should be asleep! And yes, you are correct. I should be asleep. But I've discovered that I am most productive late at night. Strange I know, but I think it's very true. During the day I get super distracted, mainly by my laptop. I mean it's hard to not get distracted by my MacBook. I log on to work on an essay or check Blackboard, but I wind up on Tumblr, Facebook, Netflix, Gmail, and the list goes on. I can dwindle the hours away on social media sites. It's terrible, I know. But it's quite addicting. Have you ever binge-watched a TV series on Netflix? If not, well then where are your priorities? Just kidding. But seriously, try it one Saturday afternoon. It's almost like a spiritual experience. 

Well another week of college has gone by, and I shall fill you all in. Not much happened this past week. Although there was one exciting moment! I've probably mentioned it, I don't remember, but I have been attending Belmont Vision meetings. Which is Belmont's newspaper, it's all online which still amazes me. I really miss the feel of a newspaper and deadline week, but I guess I can go buy a copy of the Tennessean and I don't need that extra stress in my life. Anyways, that article on the professor who worked with Death Row inmates was published on Tuesday!  Here's the article! Read it if you want or don't, whatever floats your boat. I'm still doing well in all of my classes. It was another week, where every professor decided to load on the work, so the next few weeks shall be fun. But I guess it keeps me busy and what not, so I shouldn't complain. It would just be really nice if I didn't have so many research papers to write or books to read in a short amount of time. But hey that's college, right? I also explored a bit more this past week. I guess it's not really exploring, but I walked down to 21st Avenue which is like 4-5 blocks and went to the Dunkin Donuts by Vandy (Vanderbilt). All I will say is, those students are pretentious and need to have a class in manners. But that's all I will say. After I got my coffee, I walked down 21st and went to Harris Teeter which is a grocery store. I just wanted to look around and see if they had any good sales. Sadly they didn't. But that's really about it for this past week. If I think of anything, I'll write about it in my next post. 

I did watch the newest episode of Sons, and let me tell you, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I won't spoil anything, but if you haven't seen this episode, where are your priorities? Anyways, the final scene made me bawl my eyes out. Seriously, I thought I was going to die. My heart ached and I couldn't stop crying. Once I was calm, I called my mom so we could dissect the episode and she reassured me that all is good, for now at least. That's the problem with certain websites, they don't show you the preview for next week so you assume people died but in reality they're still alive. So thank god I called my mom. This upcoming episode will probably send me to therapy though. It looks intense! Darn you Kurt Sutter. 

Tomorrow the Titans play the Texans. I am crying on the inside. JJ Watt will be 3.5 miles away from me. Yes only 3.5 miles, and I won't be there. Let's have a moment of silence for this tragic occurrence. But really I guess it is for the best. I don't have a problem buying a ticket, I mean JJ is worth it but risking my safety isn't. I don't want to take the bus. I don't feel super comfortable taking it into downtown and then having to switch buses and figure that whole mess out. And I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for Uber or Lyft. They can both kiss my butt. They claim to be cheaper than taxis, but I'm pretty sure a taxi would be cheaper. But anyways, I am a semi-broke college student who shouldn't be spending money on a Texans ticket. Please forgive me JJ. 

Well that's about it guys. If I think of anything more exciting, I will for sure let y'all know. Oh yes I did think of something. I applied to be a Bruin Recruiter this past week and I heard back and I made it to the interview process! Basically Bruin Recruiters show prospective students around campus, answer their questions, and encourage them to attend Belmont. I really, really, really want this, so please just keep me in your prayers! Or hum for me, whatever works for you! Thanks guys!

Peace! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment